What information will be collected from you when you use the site or contact us.
• Who exactly collects this information
• How that information is used and by whom
• What security measures are in place to protect this information
• Your rights in relation to this information
• How this policy may change and how v/e will notify you of any changes; and
• How to contact us if you have any queries about this policy.
What information is collected?
- Your company name, acdress, e-mail address, ernpioyee information a id employer contact details.
- Financial information – your financial information is solely for the purpose of making payments if you are a supplier. Information is stored on a protected banking system which adheres to the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Legislation. All banking is password protected with ID and past codes for additional safety. Once payment has been processed, bank account number and serf code information will be stored on the banking portal. The bank and ourselves do not share your information with anoth ?r third party. Financial paperwork by law requires storage for 7 years after this time it is destroyed (shredded or burnt) by our company.
- Cookies and System Logging – A cookie is a file that is placed on your computer by another computer on the internet to enable the computer to know when you are using a particular website. The cookies store user specific information to address correspondence to you personally, ie. name. Our site does not i se cookies.
- Information such .as supplier and customer details, ie. name, address, contact name, telephone numbers will be stored on or internal computer system. Our computers are password protected and are backed up and stored onsite.
- Energy consumption and Energy Billing data is collected for electric, gas and water to enable energy reports to be produced monthly. This information is collected by a third party who will store the data for the sole purposes of Efficiency Direct Limited collection and report their find ngs to Efficiency Direct Limited. They will not disclose your personal information to a thirc party. Efficiency Direct Limited are able to obtain information from portals which have been set up by the third party. These portals are password protected to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Utility Bills – information is held which can be found on utility bills such as site address, billing address, customer account numbers, company registration details,, company names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers. This information is used solely for work purposes and is not for Awarded to a third party.
Who collects the information?
The information is collected by Efficiency Direct Limited; your full name, contact telephone numbers, business address, e-mail can be fc und for verification on our website at www.efficiency-direct.co.uk. A third party energy supplier may allow us to use their portal to collect information in relation to our t lients. This information is password protected and is used solely for the purposes of work projects.
Efficiency Direct Limited fully comply with the Data Protectian Act 1998 and we follow strict rules on “data protection principles” which ensure we use and store data in a lawful manner at all times. The personally identifiable information that is required to use our website is owned solely by Efficiency Direct
Limited. We do not share, sell or rent your information to any other person, company or organisation in any way other than as disclosed in this document or as stated at the point where the information is collected.
How is the information used and by whom?
The above inforrriation will be used by us for the following purposes only:
- To provide you with Goods & services; and
- To contact you if we experience problems in processing a payment
- The personal information is collected and used by employees who work solely for Efficiercy Direct Limited.
- Sub-contractors may be used by Efficiency Direct Limited from time to time and information may be forwarded to a sub-contractor to help them execute works to be carried out on behalf of Efficie ncy Direct Limited.
- Accountants on an annual basis receive client & supplier information to help produce Financial Accounts.
You also have the right to “opt-out” of your information being used/stored for pu rposes directly or indirectly related to our website and goods/services at any time. Please advise us by e-mail if /ou do not wish your information to be stored and we can remove from it from our database. For further details of this right, please see “Your Rights in relation to this Information” below.
What security measures do we have in place to protect this information?
To protect your privacy, your financial information is used by us through a secure banking server which has 3 levels of security and is only used by financial employees with code encrypted devices t a access banking information. We also use our best efforts to protect your information off-line: it is only given to those of our employees who genuinely need to have access to it in order to perform their job role. Furthermore, our security procedures for storing and disclosing customer details conform with the Deta Protection Ac: 1998 so as to prevent unauthorised access as much as possible. Client and supplier information is stored on our computers which are password protected. All information is backed up onto a main server which is also password protected. If a breach of confidential information is made we will contact the ICO within 72 hours and alsc advise companies involved. An ICO Privacy Impact Assessment will be implemented and we will work closely with the guidelines from the Article 29 Working Party. Information will be documented at all stages when a breach of co nfidential information is made.
Please note, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the owners and o aerators of other sites which may be advertised/linked to our website. We therefore encourage you to read the pr vacy statements and policies on each site to which you are asked to submit personal information.
Your rights in relation to this information
If you wish to make any changes to data we hold on you please contact us by sen ding an e-mail to email@example.com or by calling us on 01273 455664. We can then advise you of the specific data we hold on our computer system/paperwork. When information is deleted a note is kept on file of what ard when deleted. This can be viewed at any time, again contact us and we can provide this information for you within 30 days.
You also have the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your financial and personal nformation stored on our computers and held with ourselves in paper form. If you are requesting this you will need to let us have the details everytime you contact us so that we can input this information. We are happy to do this if this is your preferred option. We can remove your financial details from the banking portal if requested; again; we will need to ask you to give us this information every time you con tact us if relating to paymen ts. Please let us know if this is the case.
Please note that we reserve the right to change this policy at any time in the futu e, with or without notice. Please check periodically for changes.
If you nave any questions about this document or our procedures, please contact us using our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01273 455664, alternatively our contact information can be found on our website.